RESOURCE & CAPACITY PLANNING
Anticipate future needs & optimize investments
If you don’t plan your infrastructure upgrades, alarms will be triggered as your available capacity is slowly but surely running low. On the other hand, oversized machines can burst your hardware and software costs.
Capacity planning is a critical exercise as much as a complex one. Collecting business needs and transforming them into available hardware and software resources, is a laborious process.
Knowing that your activity will increase by 5% every three months; how do you transform this knowledge into scenarios for your infrastructure upgrade and then select the most profitable one?
- To create your capacity planning, you need to look at your current data and select a “representative” activity time period. Digging into SMF records to find the appropriate data is time-consuming
- The next step is to apply your activity increase on the data model. Excel is a great tool for calculation but asks for a lot of manual efforts and lacks data integrity
- After determining your future hardware needs, you have to evaluate the impact of these upgrades on your software costs to prepare an accurate budget sizing.
- Doing a capacity plan “manually” is highly time consuming and increases the risk for errors when trying to elaborate multiple scenarios to find out which one is the most profitable.
How ZETALY can help
Build a profitable and accurate capacity planning
ZETALY Resource Planning allows you to forecast mid and long-term requirements for your System z hardware and software resources.
Working as a true simulator, it will help you anticipate the necessary resources to meet tomorrow’s needs.
- Hardware acquisition plan
- Software costs evolution
- Financial Management